The Rise of Free Trade Agreements within ASEAN
In this video, Singapore-based partner Beng Chai Tay explains why the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) bloc is using free trade agreements to increase business in the region.
Other topics covered include:
- Why the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) will see increased trade liberalisation and what this means for businesses
- The current status of the trade relationship between the European Union and the ASEAN community.
- Why the EU and ASEAN are beginning to discuss free trade agreements and what this would mean for businesses in the both regions
- How a possible US Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement would impact an EU-ASEAN agreement
- Why the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has 'stumbled' in South East Asia
- How increased trade is crucial for boosting investment in ASEAN
- Why the AEC's single market of 600 million people is competing with China for direct investment and trade
If you'd like to know more, you can watch Beng Chai's previous video Investing in ASEAN.