Sports Law and the Court of Arbitration for Sport
In this video, Jonathan Taylor, one of our partners in London who regularly represents clients at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) interviews of counsel Martin Schimke, an arbitrator for the CAS. Together they discuss the latest trends in sports law and mention a few of the recent challenges the CAS is facing.
Key points in this video:
- Sport as a high value business
- Highly regulated, but not by gorvernments
- The "self-regulatory power of association"
- Sports: a cross-sectional matter
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport
- CAS' range of work
- The importance of consistent case law
- CAS' involvement in the London Olympics
- Lex Sportiva - "Sport is different"