First For Disputes Conference Highlights Video
Video highlights from our First for Disputes Conference, a day of workshops and presentations where we gave our clients some insight into the key issues affecting contentious law. Our conference format was based on extensive client feedback, and covered fast-changing practice areas like employment, competition, intellectual property law and contracts.
Topics covered include:
- An introduction to the conference and an explanation about why contentious law is so fast-changing – with David Kerr.
- What employers should do to prepare for the forthcoming EU Trade Secrets Directive from Warren Wayne.
- The potential impact of the EU Antitrust Damages Directive on Competition Litigation throughout the EU from Peter Willis.
- What prospective patentees need to know about the Unified Patent Court and the Unitary Patent System that are coming into effect in 2016, from Morag Macdonald.
- Contract termination strategies: why successful strategies must balance a range of factors, from the practical, to the financial, reputational, HR and operational in order to give the best possible solution – with Andrew White.
- Sophie Eyre on recent developments within Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Investigations, including the potential widening of scope of the UK Bribery act, as well as a look at whistle-blowing.
- The importance of privilege in a legal context, and why privilege has been in the media following revelations of unlawful government surveillance by spy agencies, discussed by Jeremy Sharman.
- Why the proper drafting of arbitration clauses is fundamental for avoiding potential pitfalls and ending up before the courts, with Annet van Hooft.
- What our clients thought about the conference.
You can also read a write up of our conference by clicking here